St Barnabas Church of England School aims to provide a safe, caring Christian environment where each child is valued, nurtured and given the opportunity to thrive educationally, personally and spiritually.
- to encourage the children to value themselves and others within the Christian ethos of the school
- to provide a caring community in which everyone can interact sympathetically and empathetically, recognizing and accepting individual difference with tolerance
- to create a meaningful and stimulating environment which provides security and stability for each individual, thus enhancing the learning process
- to provide, within the framework of the National Curriculum requirements, a broad, balanced curriculum which will develop learning skills and promote understanding and enquiry, so enabling each child to achieve their full potential
- to promote opportunities for children to express themselves creatively and imaginatively with confidence
- to encourage and motivate children to take responsibility for their own learning by providing opportunities for them to make informed choices through self-discipline and co-operation
- to promote in the children a positive and responsible attitude towards wider environmental issues and their role in society