Welcome to St Barnabas Church of England School where our experienced staff team and local governing body are committed to doing the best for every child in their care.
We are proud of our close links with St Barnabas Church and also to be part of Peterborough Diocese Education Trust which we joined in October 2014 as a sponsored academy. The school has been on a journey of rapid improvement for the past three years and our results evidence the huge progress we have made. We were delighted to be judged as a good school in September 2017 with an outstanding early years provision and outstanding work to develop pupils' wellbeing. We are excited about being accepted on the Maths Mastery programme starting in September 2018 which we know will build upon our already good mathematics teaching.
St Barnabas prides itself on nurturing the whole child so good academic progress goes hand in hand with an emphasis on developing wellbeing, independence and self esteem. We are a growth mindset school and the children will tell you that mistakes make their brains grow and that there is no such thing as 'can't'.
There is a wealth of information on our website but it cannot do justice to our friendly and welcoming school filled with happy children who love to talk about their learning. Please contact us to arrange a visit; you won't be disappointed.
St Barnabas Church of England School aims to provide a safe, caring Christian environment where each child is valued, nurtured and given the opportunity to thrive educationally, personally and spiritually.
- to encourage the children to value themselves and others within the Christian ethos of the school
- to provide a caring community in which everyone can interact sympathetically and empathetically, recognizing and accepting individual difference with tolerance
- to create a meaningful and stimulating environment which provides security and stability for each individual, thus enhancing the learning process
- to provide, within the framework of the National Curriculum requirements, a broad, balanced curriculum which will develop learning skills and promote understanding and enquiry, so enabling each child to achieve their full potential
- to promote opportunities for children to express themselves creatively and imaginatively with confidence
- to encourage and motivate children to take responsibility for their own learning by providing opportunities for them to make informed choices through self-discipline and co-operation
- to promote in the children a positive and responsible attitude towards wider environmental issues and their role in society
Our British Values Statement can be found here.