Welcome to St Barnabas Church of England School where our experienced staff team and local governing body are committed to doing the best for every child in their care.
We are proud of our close links with St Barnabas Church and also to be part of Peterborough Diocese Education Trust which we joined five years ago as a sponsored academy. The school were delighted to be judged as good in September 2017 with an outstanding early years provision and outstanding work to develop pupils' well-being. We are excited about starting our second year on the Maths Mastery programme which we know has built upon our already good mathematics teaching and improved our results even further.
St Barnabas prides itself on nurturing the whole child so good academic progress goes hand in hand with an emphasis on developing well-being, independence and self esteem. We are a growth mindset school and the children will tell you that mistakes make their brains grow and that there is no such thing as 'can't'.
There is a wealth of information on our website but it cannot do justice to our friendly and welcoming school filled with happy children who love to talk about their learning. Please contact us to arrange a visit; you won't be disappointed.
Executive Head teacher
St Barnabas Church of England School provides a loving, caring, deeply Christian community where each child and their family is valued, nurtured and given the opportunity to flourish. All are welcome.
Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3 verses 12-14
We are all God's children and he knows each of us by name and loves us. At St. Barnabas Church of England School we know and value all of our children and their families as individuals.
Through our school aims we will:
- always encourage our children to value themselves and others within our Christian community
- provide an exciting and creative learning experience with many enrichment opportunities within a loving and safe Christian environment
- enable excellent teaching and learning across all areas of the curriculum to ensure all children have a solid foundation on which to continue their journey as a lifelong learner
- celebrate success and achievement both in and out of school
- promote in the children a positive and responsible attitude towards environmental and social issues on a local, national and global scale
Our British Values Statement can be found here.
Value of the Term:- Kindness
Latest School Calendar Events
- Last day of school17Jul2020
- Summer Holidays18Jul2020
12:00 am - 31 aug, 1:00 am
Coronavirus-please see School info page for further details.
September intake- please check the Reception new intake page on the Parents drop down tab.
For details of appeals procedures please see admissions on the parents drop down tab.