Pupils should be taught to:
- understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions
- create and debug simple programs
- use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
- use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content
- use technology safely and respectfully, keeping personal information private; know where to go for help and support when they have concerns about material on the internet
- recognise common uses of information technology beyond school.